School Council Minutes – June 2018
Mrs Saunders and Mrs Kelly welcomed Mrs Cresswell (Chair of the Board of Governors) and our Councillors to the School Council meeting. Today’s meeting was lead by Maia.
1. Has more equipment been put into the playground boxes?:
Hoola hoops will be added to the trolleys today and the councillors will be taking two balls back to their classes with them today; after the meeting!
2. Do we now have chalks available outside for playtime?:
New chalks are already being used and enjoyed outside!
3. Do we have more smaller playground games (e.g. Cats Cradle & French Skipping):
Each class has now been given some Cat’s Cradle games and French Skipping ropes and they were all in use last week!
4. Have light bulbs been changed in the Junior Toilets?:
Light bulbs have been fixed in Girls Toilets but Boys are now flickering! Mrs Saunders will be adding this to Mr Tyler’s list.
5. Has circular bench around the tree on the junior playground been fixed?:
The bench has now been fixed.
6. Has the wonky starting line on the field been looked at?:
The wonky line will be rectified when the gardeners next come in before Sports Day.
7. Is the Year 6 Newspaper ready for circulation?:
The Year 6 Newspaper will be ready for distribution this term.
8. Do we have an outside colouring box?:
A box with coloured pens/pencils and colouring sheets is now located in Class 4 and will be put out (by monitors in Class 4) for children to use, if they wish, every lunchtime.
Year 2: Can the stinging nettles be trimmed all round when the gardeners next come in!
Year 3: Hedge along the front of the school is very overgrown and children are being caught and scratched on it. The councillors were told that there are currently birds nesting at the moment and it cannot be cut until the baby birds have flown the nest!
Year 5: Can classes be reminded to use Tyre Track correctly; children are hurting themselves due to inappropriate use. Councillors to remind their classes and Mrs Saunders will remind the children in assembly too!
Year 6: Can we have hose out? Mrs Saunders said yes, on the warmer days, we will have the hose out at lunchtime.
10. Date for next School Council Meeting:
The next School Council Meeting will be held at 2:30pm on Monday 16th July 2018. This meeting, at the end of term, will be to welcome our new/incoming councillors and to thank our current councillors for all their hard work.
The meeting was closed at 10:35am.