Bligh is the family name of the Earls of Darnley who lived in Cobham Hall from the 18th Century until it became a private girls school in the 1950s
Sir William Brooke was Lord of the Manor of Cobham. He built Cobham Hall in the late mid 16th century.
The Earls of Darnley lived in Cobham Hall for nearly two centuries, members of the family continue to live locally.
The 2nd Duke of Lennox was granted the Cobham Hall Estates in 1613 by King James 1.